Wisconsin FAQs2018-11-12T15:37:17+00:00
[fullwidth backgroundcolor=”” backgroundimage=”” backgroundrepeat=”no-repeat” backgroundposition=”left top” backgroundattachment=”scroll” video_webm=”” video_mp4=”” video_ogv=”” video_preview_image=”” overlay_color=”” overlay_opacity=”0.5″ video_mute=”yes” video_loop=”yes” fade=”no” bordersize=”0px” bordercolor=”” borderstyle=”” paddingtop=”20px” paddingbottom=”20px” paddingleft=”0px” paddingright=”0px” menu_anchor=”” equal_height_columns=”no” hundred_percent=”no” class=”” id=””]


Q: I understand Wisconsin has permanent notary commissions in lieu of 4 year commissions. How can I obtain a permanent Wisconsin Notary Public Commission?
A: You may apply for a permanent Wisconsin Notary Public only if you are an United States resident licensed to practice law in Wisconsin, all others are issued 4 year commissions.

Q: I paid my fee and sent my application to the State of Wisconsin can I begin notarizing documents?
A: You may not act as a Wisconsin Notary Public until you until you are notified by Secretary of State that your commission has been issued.

Q: I want to have my title after my name on my Notary Seal so individuals will know I am an educated person is this permissible?
A: No title such as “Atty., Esq., CPA, or CPCU” is permitted on a Wisconsin Notary Seal.

Q: I bill my clients at $500 per hour for my expertise, what is the most I can bill for notarial acts I do for my clients?
A: Acknowledgements, jurats and oaths & affirmations 50 cents. Affidavits are billed at 50 cents plus 12 cents per copy and Protests $1.00 plus 50 cents for copy. NO FEE FOR ANY OATH RELATED TO VOTING